ERIKS Group Launch Scotch Yoke Actuator
The ERIKS Group have launched a Range of Scotch Yoke Actuators for heavy duty service with torque values up to 2.2 million in-lb (250,000 Nm). Econ products offer reliable and dependable automation for quarter turn valves.
Engineered and built to withstand most applications and environmental conditions, the precision design and quality of our actuators provide long and safe performance for valve control.
Econ engineers and recognized distributors are happy to help you with your automation demands.
The Econ brand of products are designed around today’s standards and expectations that come from various agencies and customer groups. Throughout its extensive product offering, Econ products have added features, which make them suitable for a wide spectrum of applications.
The product range which complements the existing ranges of Rack & Pinion actuators along with a comprehensive range of ancillaries, will be stocked extensively acros the European and North America operating companies.
Quality is the driving force behind the Econ brand of products. Econosto has its own teams of Quality Inspectors stationed strategically close to or within their manufacturing sites in order to guarantee that their high quality standards are rigidly adhered to.
An increasing number of customers rely upon Econ products because there is a low cost to value ratio. This means that Econ products are not only cost competitive but also perform as well as or better than more expensive products.
Every Econ SY Series actuator is built to provide long end efficient service with minimum maintenance. The design, engineering and materials used in their construction ensure optimum performance even in the harshest environments.
SY Series actuators are available with symmetric yokes. Symmetric yokes provide more constant torque throughout at both the break points and end positions.
SY Series actuators are manufactured in many different combinations of actuator sizes, cylinder diameters, and designs. Both the double acting (DA) or spring return (SR) designs are available for installation on ¼ turn valves such as ball, butterfly and plug valves. SY actuators are designed for use over a wide range of pressures or temperatures.
The SY actuator is a modular design. A pneumatic or hydraulic cylinder can be attached to either side or both sides. With a large stock of finished and semi-finished components always available, actuators can be assembled and supplied with very fast and reliable deliveries.
APPROVALS AND STANDARDS
• ISO 9001:2008 Quality Assurance
• In accordance with Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 97/23/EC, Econ scotch yoke actuators are classified as follows:
• SY01F10 150 up to SY01F14 200 - Category SEP, procedure module H1
• SY01F14 250 up to SY01F16 350 - Category I, procedure module H1
• SY01F25 350 up to SY01F40 600 - Category II, procedure module H1
• SY01F40 700 up to SY01F60 900 - Category III, procedure module H1
• SY01F60 1000 up to SY01F60 1100 - Category IV, procedure module H1
• Classified for use in potentially explosive atmospheres as Group II Category 2, suitable for Zones 1, 2, 21 and 22 in accordance with Annex VIII of Directive 94/9/CE (ATEX)
• Safety Integrity Rating IEC 61508 SIL 3